7 Signs That You Should Be Self-Employed
This is a great era to exist in. Opportunities are everywhere, and even when they’re limited, we are all capable and given sufficient resources to create them.
Some people are still stuck in the dark ages of treacherous routines and unhappy days. Don’t let these individuals drag you down!
Here are some signs you should be self-employed and quit your job if you are unhappy.
Take The Self-Employed Plunge
- You crave more freedom: you want to do things without anyone’s permission. This could include working hours, location or being able to breathe without someone observing. Being told what to do essential means how to live your life, and you’re not okay with that.
- You want big things. Working for a boss has its limitations – no matter how friendly they are or how reasonable the salary may be. You envision yourself at the top of the chain and won’t accept anything less.
- Following instructions from someone doesn’t make you feel good. Having someone tell you want to do doesn’t feel natural and you don’t like having to obey someone.
- You’re incredibly creative and passionate. In every job, you’re restricted to what you can do. Perhaps your passion doesn’t coincide with your current job and you are bursting with ideas and plans for your life which doesn’t include your current situation. You’re entrepreneurial and think nothing is impossible and there are no boundaries to what you can achieve. You’re confident that you will succeed.
- You’re not ordinary. A 9-5 lifestyle for the rest of your life doesn’t excite you. It doesn’t feel right to be working for someone and living with constant rules. You want better things for yourself and don’t find it acceptable to have to ask someone before taking your holiday or sending an email. You daydream about your future and it doesn’t include bosses.
- You have asked yourself ‘what am I getting from this job?’ multiple times. You recognise that this was not what you were destined to you and can’t imagine yourself being here in 10 years.
- You’re comfortable in your own skin and don’t fear the unpredictable or taking risks. In fact, you love a challenge!
Everybody is born different and being self-employed or an employee doesn’t make you any superior. Do what makes you happy because life is far too short to do anything otherwise.