Perfect Christmas Themed Mocktails
We salute all of you designated drivers over the festive season. It’s not easy to pour a glass of wine and sniff its woody-aged reds without salivating. But if you’re watching your intake or just want to tame how you behave in front of the in-laws, here are some non-alcoholic drinks for over Christmas.
Note: These taste great so you don’t feel like you’re missing out.
Mocktails and Soft Drinks For Christmas
Just one sip of alcohol can teleport you into a party realm. Suddenly, everyone is living like it’s Friday at 5pm and strangers become your friend. But alcohol isn’t always your bestie: some can become an embarrassing relic and have a thumping hangover the next day. Lame.
Don’t rely on alcohol to make your night. Embrace that tomorrow morning you’ll wake up refreshed and holy (and remember what happened the night before).
Give these delectable drinks a try.
- 1 and 3/4 cup semi-skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp Nutella
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chopped hazelnuts
- Extra Nutella
- Heat the milk, cocoa powder and Nutella in a pan.
- Leave to the side to cool.
- Spread some Nutella onto a plate and rim your cocktail glass in it.
- Add some chopped hazelnuts to a plate and rim the glass with those too for a delicious garnish.
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons elderflower syrup
- 1 candy cane
- Add all liquid ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into a cocktail glass.
- Add 1 candy cane to the drink for a Christmassy feel.
- 3 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 limes
- 4 cups pomegranate juice
- 2 cups lemonade
- Snowflake glitter on a plate for presentation
- The night before, deseed the pomegranate and add to an ice tray and top up with water. Freeze overnight.
- Add pomegranate juice and lemonade to a glass and stir. Add slices of lime to the drink.
- Garnish with mint and a slice of lime.
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Orange peel
- Sugar to taste
- Simmer the apple juice, orange peel and cinnamon stick for around five minutes.
- Pour into a jolly mug and add a cinnamon stick and orange peel to each drink.
Bottoms up! Merry Christmas everyone.