Three Tasty Low-Fat Pizza Recipes
If you’re like the rest of us, you’d probably eat pizza every night if you could. But pizza is renowned for its heavy cheese toppings and fatty base. Therefore, we’ve found the best pizza recipes everyone can enjoy – even those watching their weight.
Indulge in your favorite feast without feeling guilty about it.
Skinny BBQ Chicken
- 3/4 cup chicken breasts
- 4 flatbreads
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Dice the chicken and place in the oven for around 25-30 minutes or until cooked.
- Bake the flatbreads in the oven for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken and flatbreads.
- Top the flatbreads with barbecue sauce, chicken and cheese and pop back into the oven until the cheese has melted.
Cheese and Chorizo Naan
- 2 naan breads
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mild cheddar cheese
- 1 chorizo
- Cook the naan breads in the oven for 4 minutes with a bowl of water on the top shelf to avoid it drying out.
- Add the chorizo to the oven and cook for 5 minutes.
- Take both out of the oven and spread the puree onto the naan bread and top with cheese and chorizo.
- Add naans to the oven until the cheese has melted and serve.
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1 cup red onion
- ½ cup yellow corn
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 (12-inch) Boboli 100% Whole Wheat Thin Pizza Crust
- ⅓ cup tomato puree
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅓ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella shredded cheese
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mix the oil and vegetables together in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Spread the sauce over the pizza crust and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Add the vegetables to the sauce, along with the ricotta and mozzarella cheese.
- Top with red pepper flakes and bake in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
Gives these healthy pizzas a try (now there’s an oxymoron that we like the sound of!) and let us know what you think in the comments below.
Also, try out our Clean Eating Chicken Recipes!