Try This Fun Workout You Can Do With Your Friends!
Exercising alone can be tedious; it’s hard to drag yourself to the gym for a lonely car drive, and the gym can be an intimidating place if you don’t like working out.
Getting fit with a friend is a great way to keep each other motivated and burn calories without hating every second of it.
Here are some ideas to turn up your fitness notch and tone up at the same time.
Workouts With A Partner
Here’s a long list of moves you and your partner can try.
Choose to work out with someone who’s determined and won’t hold you back. If they’re fitter than you, that’s ever better because it’ll challenge you.
It’s not a competition, but about team work. So, take it serious, but have heaps of fun at the same time.
- 1-minute plank with a high five on alternating hands.
- 20 full sit-ups with taps on each other’s shoulder each time you sit up.
- 1-minute squats with a ball. Throw the ball to one another and squat each time you catch it.
- Back-to-back Russian twists. Sit with your backs to one another and twist on opposite sides. One person holds a dumbbell as they twist and passes it to their partner.
- Use a resistance band and place it around the front of your partner. Pull back and keep hold of the band, squat low whilst your partner jogs on the spot. Switch places after 2 minutes.
- One person lunges and pulses, whilst the other does triceps dips on their bent leg. Switch positions after 50 seconds.
- One individual holds a full push-up position whilst the other holds their legs. The person lying down performs a push-up whilst the other holds their legs and squats. Mix it up after 1 minute.
- One holds a plank for 50 seconds whilst the other jumps over them from left to right.
Encourage one another to work harder. You may even find that working out with a partner brings a smile to your face!