Summer Ready: Inner Thigh Workouts
Using your bodyweight, dumbbell or kettle bell
- Stand with your feet wider than shoulder width apart and toes pointing out.
- Bring your arms out in front of you and lower into a squat. Go as low as you can without letting your knees go over your toes.
- Be sure to keep your tailbone under and contract your gluts.
- Coming back up and repeat.
- Repeat for a minute then pulse for 20 seconds at the end of each set.
Plie Jump Squats
- Feet turned out like a wide plie, perform short jumps up in a plie position for one minute.
- Keeping your toes out and making sure your knees do not go over your toes.
- Having your hands on your waist sometimes helps with balance.
Inner Thigh stretch kicks
- Stand holding on a rail or back of a chair.
- Come up to the ball of your right foot and lift your left leg swinging it up. Use the momentum to swing through your leg as your fire up through your right glut.
- Keep your abs contracted and chest up.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Perform 10-15 stretch kicks on each leg.
Laying Leg lifts
- Lie down on your right side, putting weight support on your elbows and hips.
- Cross one leg over the other, grabbing back of your ankle with your hand.
- Lift your bottom leg up and down, not letting your foot touch the floor.
- perform for 15-20 reps each leg.
- Get down on all fours like a dog (on your knees).
- Lifting the right leg out straight to the side pointing (90 degrees angle).
- Lift that right leg up and down for 15-20 repetitions.
- Repeat on the left side for 15-20 reps as well.
Perform all these inner though workouts for 5 sets and you’ll be summer ready in no time!