Tex Mex Chicken & Quinoa Burrito Bowl
This is a quick and easy lunch idea that you can throw together in a flash! Mix up BeyondFit’s Cilantro & Lime Shredded Chicken in a crock pot the night before, then use the leftover chicken for this lunch idea!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup BeyondFit’s cilantro & lime shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning mixture
- 1 sliced red pepper
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 cup black beans (optional)
- 1/2 cup salsa or chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup corn (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced avocado (or homemade Guac!)
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Add water to a skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add diced vegetables and taco seasoning and simmer for 5 minutes.
- During the last minute, add chicken, black beans, and rice.
- Add salsa and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheese and a slice of avocado before serving.
Recipe by Beyond Fit Mom