The Healthiest Late-Night Snack Ideas
To keep off the pounds, it’s recommended that we cut back on the late-night snacking. However, this isn’t a command to starve yourself.
We’ve found the best healthiest snacks to banish your evening hunger and leave you satisfied, without a shred of guilt.
Healthy Late-Night Snacks
Strawberries Dipped in Yogurt
- Cut strawberries in half and dip them in Greek yoghurt. Place on a sheet and place them in the freezer overnight.
Cinnamon Apple Chips
- Cut an apple into thin pieces. Place the pieces in a bowl with cinnamon and mix together. Spray a baking sheet with oil and place the cinnamon chips in the oven for 2-3 hours.
Strawberry Granola Bar
- Mix honey and yoghurt in a bowl and spread the mixture onto a tray. Sprinkle tiny pieces of strawberry and granola on top of the mixture. Press the pieces into the yoghurt. Freeze for an hour.
Peanut Butter Squares
- Melt peanut butter and honey together in a microwave for 1-2 minutes. Add oats (or granola) to the mixture and stir well. Pour into a non-stick pan and refrigerate for a couple of hours. Take out of the fridge and cut into even squares.
Dark Chocolate Almonds
- Melt dark chocolate in a microwave and stir almonds into the liquid. Lift out the almonds one by one and place on a non-stick tray. Place nuts in the fridge to set.
Sweet Potato Toast
- Slice sweet potato into bread-sized pieces. Add to a toaster (you may need to toast twice). Glaze with your favorite toppings. A few healthy suggestions are: Avocado, almond butter and tuna. Spread your chosen ingredient on top of the sweet potato and enjoy!
Healthy Snacks To Stock Up On
If you are pushed for time, here are a few healthy snack ideas to always have in kitchen:
- Greek yoghurt
- Apple and peanut butter
- Almonds and grapes
- Fruit smoothie
- Baked kale chips
- Frozen grapes
There’s no excuse to be hungry late at night or to let yourself mindlessly tuck into a family-sized packet of crisps. Make the effort to be healthier every day.