Why You’re Not Seeing Results Even After Going to The Gym for Months
Six months into your new fitness regime and you’re not seeing the body results fitness magazines assured. Despite being a regular attender, you haven’t dropped any inches off of your waist and are still sporting the same size jeans.
No Results From The Gym
Every frame is different, but the mathematical equation of weight loss is the same for everyone: to lose one pound of fat, you must eliminate 3500 calories, through diet and exercise.
Here are some things you’re doing wrong in the gym:
- You believe that going is a workout in itself. There’s been no differentiation between a good and a bad workout, because you believe that putting on your gym attire and entering the weight room is enough to celebrate a good workout.
- Every workout is the same. Mix up your routine to challenge your body. Try weights, cardio machines, jumping jacks, sit-ups, lunges… there are so many exercises to choose from.
- Outside of the gym, you eat everything covered in chocolate and cheese (both if that was possible). Stop rewarding a good workout with unhealthy food, because you won’t reap the results.
- You just don’t train hard enough. Sweat should be trickling down your face and you earn double points if your face is as red as a tomato too. Your heart isn’t having to pump harder to keep up with you if you’re not breaking a sweat. Don’t stop every time something gets a little difficult. Keep going, because that’s the zone where you’ll see real improvements.
- You don’t go often enough or stay long enough. Three times a week with 30-minute sessions should be a minimum. Attending once a week and a 2-hour workout isn’t doing you any favors, because you need to have a routine.
- Too much cardio and not enough weight lifting. Building muscle will increase your metabolism to help you burn calories. Grab some dumbbells (they don’t need to be super heavy!) and start lunging and squatting.
Don’t procrastinate for the muscle groups you hate working out either, but mix it up with every gym session so you don’t dread arm/leg day. If you don’t work out your arms, you won’t get toned triceps. It’s that simple.
Push yourself. It’s always worth the hour of torture, we promise.