Things To Remember When You’re Feeling Depressed
We all experience hard times in our lives. But, a bad moment shouldn’t become a bad week or month; life is too short for that.
It’s easy for people to say ‘live your life and appreciate what you have’, but it’s hard to believe that when you’re suffering from depression.
Here are a few things to remember when you’re feeling depressed.
Your Journey To Fixing Depression
- You have the power to achieve anything in your life.
- You’re worthy of a happy and healthy existence.
- Take every day as it comes. Don’t be overwhelmed by the bigger picture.
- Focus on more of the great things in your life and what makes you happy. This may include specific people, funny TV shows, your favorite book, feel-good songs etc.
- It’s a tough battle, but you are tougher.
- Everybody wants you to get better – including doctors, medication and family.
- You are truly loved and admired by many, even if you don’t hear it every day.
- Exercise and eat well. A healthy body creates a happy mind.
- Reach out to people you trust when you need them. You don’t have to go through this alone and you’re not a failure for needing support either.
- Save your favorite pictures onto your phone (such as places you’ve been or a memorable night with a friend) and look back at them when you’re feeling low.
- Get out of the house. The world misses you. Stop spending nights parked in front of your laptop or the TV and get in touch with the outdoors.
- Ask yourself what triggered you to feel unhappy in this moment. Will it be worth worrying about in six months’ time?
- Let things go. Look at the larger sense. You’ve had an argument with a friend, but you’ve both stated your opinions. Breath in and just let it go.
- Relax more. Turn off your phone and play relaxing music to meditate your body and chill.
Do you have any recommendations of things to remember when you’re feeling depressed? If so, we’d love to hear them. Comment below with your methods to keeping a happy and healthy outlook.