Treat Yourself! Because You Deserve It
The idea of having a peaceful day dedicated to only things we love sounds like bliss… and impossible. We’re all so busy trying to live our routines that our happiness becomes trivial.
But we don’t like the sound of committing the rest of our lives to chores and routines. So here’s how to learn to treat yourself.
Treat Yourself And Love Life
We all have unique definitions of happiness. For some, clothes shopping sounds like ecstasy, but for others, a simple coffee with a friend is good enough.
- Google is a creative space full of wonderful blogs. Search for inspirational reads and spend 10 minutes inspiring yourself.
- Run a warm bath, light some candles and have your favourite drink on the side. Shut the door and soak up the bubbles. This is the best place to detox and relax.
- Go for a walk and keep your phone out of sight. Today you don’t have a time limit, so stroll for as long as you feel like. Listen to the birds or play your favourite music.
- Spend $10 on something you want. Just this small amount can bring a lot of happiness. It doesn’t matter what you purchase, as long as you love it!
- Take a spontaneous nap. Nothing can beat relaxing your eyes and winding down. Just a stingy 20 minutes can revive your senses.
- Plan a getaway. Everyone loves venturing new cities – no matter if they’re on the other side of the world, or just a few hours’ drive. Research some extravagant places you’d love to visit soon and start planning.
- Create an uplifting music playlist. There are many already available, or you can invent your own.
- Take up a new hobby. Haven’t played sports since school? Join a local team and get out of the house. It’ll be good for you and will allow you to meet new people.
It doesn’t cost a lot or take up a lot of time to treat ourselves occasionally, but we avoid it. Love yourself and treat yourself well to feel happier and more alive.