What’s Causing Your Headaches?
Headaches can be inhibiting, especially if it hits you at work. The most common way to get rid of a headache is to pop a pill, but maybe we should learn why we get headaches in the first place. This can help us prevent them and there are natural ways to treat one.
Headaches can be caused by a number of things…
- Strong scents
- Weather change
- Too much or lack of exercise
- Tight hair accessories
- Bad posture
- Skipping meals
- Aged cheese
If you can’t pinpoint exactly what is causing your headaches, keep a journal where you document when, what time the headache starts and what you did prior to it occurring. Write down the food you ate, the weather, any of the listed possible causes and you may notice a pattern.
To alleviate or to minimize the amount of headaches you get, you have to make a few life changes.
- Stress Relief
- Time management, relaxing hobbies, and meditation will help ease your mind
- Working out, or even just going for a jog will get your blood flowing
- Quite the caffeine
- If you drink a lot of coffee, don’t quite cold turkey because that causes headaches too. Instead, reduce your intake until you eventually reach a safe level (no more than a cup a day).
- Eat regularly
- Don’t skip meals. Make sure to have nutritious meals that are not high is sodium and sugar.