10 Ways To Give Yourself An Immediate Confidence Boost
When you’re feeling insecure, you lack determination, drive and the ability to pursue things. Nobody deserves to feel like that.
Here are 10 ways to immediately boost your confidence.
- Look at how far you’ve come from the worst time in your life.
- Write down five things you love about yourself (appearance and/or personality traits).
- Put on some makeup and tidy up your hair. Enhancing your appearance can give you an instant boost.
- Ask someone why they love you. Sometimes it’s hard to tell yourself what you love about you, but hearing it from someone else is comforting.
- Take a deep breath and say aloud “I can accomplish anything”. Now say it again like you mean it!
- Stand up straight and go for a short walk. Smile at a stranger, appreciate the beauty surrounding you and breathe in the fresh air.
- Don’t dwell on everything you want all the time as it can cause you to be ungrateful for what you do have. Remind yourself of everything and everyone you’re grateful for.
- Call up a friend and get out the house. Go bowling, sip a few cocktails, watch a movie, or just chill and laugh together. What’s better than fun times with loved ones?
- Create a goal you want to achieve by the end of the week. Completing a milestone is a great confidence boost and it gives you direction when you’re feeling a little low and lost.
- Put on some music and dance around like no-one’s watching. There’s nothing like a beat to resurrect your mood.
And if none of these work, here’s a bonus tip to get you feeling good in seconds:
You are strong. Stop feeling sorry for yourself when you have so much to be thankful for. People love you. You have people to love. What’s more important than honest and pure affection?
You have been through so much and there’s no stopping you. Everyone has bad days, but don’t turn them into weeks, months and years. Be proud of who you are. Love you.